AM report for Dominique Dumont

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
   First name:      Dominique
   Last name:       Dumont
   Key fingerprint: 9F72 39FC B664 F10B 33E9  DC03 C31F 4FD9 49AB 2B6C
   Account:         dod
   Forward email:   domi.dumont@free.fr

   ID check passed, key signed by 4 existing developers:

   - Julien Valroff <julien@kirya.net>
   - Xavier Oswald <xoswald@debian.org>
   - Damien Raude-Morvan <drazzib@drazzib.com>
   - gregor herrmann <gregor.herrmann@comodo.priv.at>

   Output from keycheck.sh:

   gpg: requesting key 49AB2B6C from hkp server keys.gnupg.net
   pub   4096R/49AB2B6C 2010-10-22
   Key fingerprint = 9F72 39FC B664 F10B 33E9  DC03 C31F 4FD9 49AB 2B6C
   uid                  Dominique Dumont <domi.dumont@free.fr>
   sig!3        49AB2B6C 2010-10-22  Dominique Dumont <domi.dumont@free.fr>
   sig!3        49AB2B6C 2010-11-02  Dominique Dumont <domi.dumont@free.fr>
   uid                  Dominique Dumont (CPAN) <ddumont@cpan.org>
   sig!         258E26B1 2010-11-03  Julien Valroff <julien@kirya.net>
   sig!         33E749FC 2010-11-02  Damien Raude-Morvan <drazzib@drazzib.com>
   sig!         8649AA06 2010-11-02  gregor herrmann <gregor.herrmann@comodo.priv.at>
   sig!3        49AB2B6C 2010-11-02  Dominique Dumont <domi.dumont@free.fr>
   uid                  Dominique Dumont (HP-GNB) <domi@komarr.gre.hp.com>
   sig!         258E26B1 2010-11-03  Julien Valroff <julien@kirya.net>
   sig!         464B8DE3 2010-11-04  Xavier Oswald <xoswald@debian.org>
   uid                  Dominique Dumont (HP-SEA) <dominique.dumont@hp.com>
   sig!         258E26B1 2010-11-03  Julien Valroff <julien@kirya.net>
   sig!         464B8DE3 2010-11-04  Xavier Oswald <xoswald@debian.org>
   sig!         33E749FC 2010-11-02  Damien Raude-Morvan <drazzib@drazzib.com>
   sig!         8649AA06 2010-11-02  gregor herrmann <gregor.herrmann@comodo.priv.at>
   sig!3        49AB2B6C 2010-11-02  Dominique Dumont <domi.dumont@free.fr>

   7 signatures not checked due to missing keys
   Key is OpenPGP version 4 or greater.
   Key has 4096 bits.
   Valid "e" flag, no expiration.
   Valid "s" flag, no expiration.

2. Background
-------------
   Applicant writes:

   I'm 48, proud father of 2 kids, I live near Grenoble, France in the middle of
   the wonderful Alps mountains.

   I've been working on Unices since 1990. Mostly HP-UX at that time. I quickly
   found in 1993 that Perl programming was much more fun than shell scripting. I
   delivered my first open source as Perl module circa 1997. In 2000, a friend of
   mine was kind enough to introduce me to Linux and jump start me on Debian.

   I've been using Debian ever since at work, then at home. I even introduce my
   parents in-laws to their first computer steps on Debian at the age of 65 years
   :-)

   I use a Debian PC at home for home-cinema. So I had to fix some kernel bugs to
   get it working properly (in DVB and ALSA). I've also been know to do some
   kernel debugging with a big iron bar. Not to smash my machine, but to block
   satellite signal to test error condition in DVB module.
   I'm also upstream author on Config-model project (Perl). Short story long,
   this project is about making life easier for non-technical Linux user.

   As part of this activity, I decided in 2009 to provide packages for my
   favorite distro and joined Debian Perl team. Once thing leading to another,
   I've packaged more than just my pet project and been mentoring twice for
   Debian in the 2 last Google summer of code,

   Last FOSDEM talk from Gabor Szabo convinced me that Perl6 is ready enough for
   Debian users to try it so I'm working on parrot and rakudo packages.

   So my goals with Debian are:
   - improve configuration management (for non-technical users and upgrades) with
     config-model
   - participate to Debian-Perl team to package Perl stuff, share knowledge and
     have fun
   - promote Perl6 on Debian by packaging parrot and rakudo until someone with
     more free time takes over
   - package stuff needed for my home-theater PC (e.g. lcdproc)
   - share knowledge on Debian wiki or on my blog

   This should occupy me for the next decade ;-)

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Dominique has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
   and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. Dominique committed to uphold the SC and DFSG
   in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

   myself and DDs from the perl team.
   All packages are in good shape.
   Dominique also answered my other questions regarding T&S without problems
   and provided patches for RC bugs.

   I recommend to accept Dominique as a Debian Developer.

Greetings,
--
Xavier Oswald <xoswald@debian.org>
GNU/Linux Debian Developer - http://www.debian.org/