AM report for Antonio Terceiro

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
   First name:      Antonio
   Last name:       Terceiro
   Key fingerprint: B2DE E660 36C4 0829 FCD0  F10C FC0D B1BB CD46 0BDE
   Account:         terceiro
   Forward email:   terceiro@softwarelivre.org

   ID check passed, key signed by 2 existing developers:

   Shaun Jackman <sdj@alumni.sfu.ca>
   Pablo Lorenzzoni (Spectra) <spectra@debian.org>

   Output from keycheck.sh:

   pub   4096R/CD460BDE 2009-06-15
         Key fingerprint = B2DE E660 36C4 0829 FCD0  F10C FC0D B1BB CD46 0BDE
   uid                  Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@softwarelivre.org>
   sig!         5230514A 2011-05-16  Shaun Jackman <sdj@alumni.sfu.ca>
   sig!         268A084D 2011-04-06  Pablo Lorenzzoni (Spectra) <spectra@debian.org>
   sig!3        CD460BDE 2009-06-15  Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@softwarelivre.org>
   uid                  Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@cs.ubc.ca>
   sig!         5230514A 2011-05-16  Shaun Jackman <sdj@alumni.sfu.ca>
   sig!3        CD460BDE 2011-03-29  Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@softwarelivre.org>
   uid                  Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@dcc.ufba.br>
   uid                  Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@colivre.coop.br>
   sig!         5230514A 2011-05-16  Shaun Jackman <sdj@alumni.sfu.ca>
   sig!         268A084D 2011-04-06  Pablo Lorenzzoni (Spectra) <spectra@debian.org>
   sig!3        CD460BDE 2009-06-15  Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@softwarelivre.org>
   sub   4096R/16758CFB 2011-03-12
   sig!         CD460BDE 2011-03-12  Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@softwarelivre.org>

   48 signatures not checked due to missing keys
   Key is OpenPGP version 4 or greater.
   Key has 4096 bits.
   Valid "e" flag, no expiration.
   Valid "s" flag, no expiration.

2. Background
-------------
   Applicant writes:

   I am a 30 year world software developer from Salvador, Bahia, Brazil.
   I first started using Debian around 2000. I started using free
   software and GNU/Linux in general a litte before that, and had
   several frustrating evenings trying to satisfy dependencies by
   downloading random .rpm files from the internet. A friend introduced
   me to Debian and apt-get, and I never looked back.

   I started contributing to Debian in 2004, and today my main
   contribution is in the context of the Debian Ruby Extras team, which
   maintains Ruby libraries and applications in Debian, being also
   strongly related to the packaging of the Ruby interpreters.  The
   packages I maintain can be seen at
   http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=3Dterceiro%40softwarelivre.org

   I am currently helping to push the transition for a new Ruby
   packaging policy in Debian, which will happen during the Wheezy
   development cycle and will involve something close to 800 packages:

   http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Ruby/RubyInWheezy
   http://pkg-ruby-extras.alioth.debian.org/wheezy/

   I am a PhD candidate on Software Engineering at Universidade Federal
   da Bahia in Salvador, and I am currently doing a research internship
   at University of British Columbia at Vancouver, Canada. As part of
   PhD research, I work in the development of Analizo, a multi-language
   source code analysis and visualiztion toolkit (http://analizo.org/).

   Together with friends, I run my own company, Colivre
   (http://colivre.coop.br/). Colivre is a cooperative, what basically
   means that everyone that works there also owns the company, and
   everyone who owns the company necessarily work on it. At Colivre we
   provide free software-based solutions for social networking, social
   media and colaborative platforms. As part of my Colivre work, I work
   in the development of Foswiki, an enterprise collaboration platform
   (http://foswiki.org/), and Noosfero, a platform for social networking
   websites (http://noosfero.org/). The Noosfero project was started by
   Colivre, and we provide most of its development work.

   Google says:

   Activity in Software Livre Brasil, ruby and rails stuff, Debian.

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Antonio has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and
   procedures and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. Antonio committed to uphold the SC and
   DFSG in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
   Antonio has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian.
   Antonio is maintainer of several ruby related packages, some of which
   basic parts of the ruby packaging infrastructure (sponsored within
   the ruby team).  All packages are in good shape.  Antonio also
   answered my other questions regarding T&S without problems and
   provided patches for several bugs.

   I recommend to accept Antonio as a Debian Developer.

Hauke

--
 .''`.   Jan Hauke Rahm <jhr@debian.org>               www.jhr-online.de
: :'  :  Debian Developer                                 www.debian.org