Re: DM application of Liang Guo

On 03/30/2011 10:36 PM, Liang Guo wrote:
> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
>
> Currently, I maintain the packages spice-protocol (in ftp-master NEW
> queue) and co‐maintain the packages ibus-sunpinyin, open-gram, scim-sunpinyin,
> sunpinyin, xsunpinyin, xserver-xorg-video-qxl.
>
> My GnuPG key <68C097BC> is signed by the Debian Developer LI Daobing
> <lidaobing@debian.org>, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>, Anthony Fok
> <foka@debian.org>.
>
> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your attention.
>
> Thanks and Regards,

Hi,

I'm not sure if it's the correct moment to advocate for Liang Guo, but
I'll do anyway...

I saw Liang Guo in Shanghai once, and had dinner with him. All the
relations I had with him were very pleasant, and I like him.

I was also the first sponsor of his sunpinyin package. As expected, it
wasn't perfect to begin with, but that is to be expected from someone
that starts packaging. But he understood everything I told him, and
corrected his package promptly. The *sunpinyin packages are working very
well, and all my (Chinese) friends are now using it to write in Chinese
(at least the one who don't use Wubi).

I feel confident that Liang Guo can be a very good candidate to be a DM,
though as I told him, I think it would be wise to check on his new
packages for a while, before he can upload new things by himself,
without any external checks. So DM is a perfect fit for him right now.
That being said, I didn't check his SPICE package yet, and I'm sure he
improved.

Who did the sponsoring of his SPICE package? I'd be happy to know how he
did with it.

Thomas Goirand (zigo)