AM report for Gennaro Oliva

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
   First name:      Gennaro
   Middle name:
   Last name:       Oliva
   Key fingerprint: F691 868B E7D1 B21A EC5E  CEFA D520 C264 8199 5757
   Account:         oliva
   Forward email:   gennaro.oliva@cnr.it

   ID check passed, key signed by 1 existing developer:

   Output from keycheck.sh:

gpg: requesting key 81995757 from hkp server keys.gnupg.net
pub   1024D/81995757 2008-04-14
      Key fingerprint = F691 868B E7D1 B21A EC5E  CEFA D520 C264 8199 5757
uid                  Gennaro Oliva <oliva.g@na.icar.cnr.it>
sig!         E9F2C747 2008-07-11  Francesco Paolo Lovergine <frankie@debian.org>
sig!3        81995757 2008-04-14  Gennaro Oliva <oliva.g@na.icar.cnr.it>
sub   2048g/7CC551B5 2008-04-14
sig!         81995757 2008-04-14  Gennaro Oliva <oliva.g@na.icar.cnr.it>

Key is OpenPGP version 4 or greater.
Key has only 1024 bits.  This is not acceptable if the application
was started after October 1st, 2010 (see [KM] for details).
[KM] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2010/09/msg00003.html
This is an DSA key.  This might need an explanation (see [KM] for details).
[KM] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2010/09/msg00003.html
Valid "e" flag, no expiration.
Valid "s" flag, no expiration.

2. Background
-------------
   Applicant writes:

I was born in Naples Italy, where I lived till the 2008 when I moved to
Rome. I received a degree in Mathematics in 1999 and a PhD degree in
Applied Mathematics and Computer Science in 2004 from the University of
Naples Federico II. Since 2001 I have a permanent position as
technologist at the Italian National Research Council (CNR) [1]. My
research focuses on parallel and distributed computing; my recent work
concerns multi-site application management on the Grid and parallel
application for system biology [2]. I started using Linux during my
thesis in 1997 when I set up a Beowulf cluster for High Performance
Computing.  I moved to Debian a couple of years later and begin
contributing to it in 2006 when I started working on slurm-llnl and
munge Debian packages that I currently maintain. If you need more
details I can send you my curriculum vitae.

[1] http://www.cnr.it
[2] http://www.na.icar.cnr.it/~oliva/?sect=pubblications&lang=en

3. Philosophy and Procedures
   Gennaro has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
   and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. He committed to uphold the SC and DFSG
   in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.