AM report for Stefano Rivera

I sent this one before, but it didn't arrive.

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
   First name:      Stefano
   Last name:       Rivera
   Key fingerprint: 8B5B D33F 542B C3FC 03D5 5A9A 5110 6DF5 CD92 D072`
   Account:         stefanor
   Forward email:   debian@rivera.za.net

   ID check passed, key signed by 1 existing developers:

   Output from keycheck.sh:
   $ ./keycheck.sh CD92D072
   gpg: requesting key CD92D072 from hkp server keys.gnupg.net
   pub   4096R/CD92D072 2010-10-13
         Key fingerprint = 8B5B D33F 542B C3FC 03D5  5A9A 5110 6DF5 CD92
D072
   uid                  Stefano Rivera <stefano@rivera.za.net>
   sig!         228A3AE4 2010-10-16  John Leuner
<jewel@subvert-the-dominant-paradigm.net>
   sig!3        CD92D072 2010-10-13  Stefano Rivera <stefano@rivera.za.net>
   sig!3        CD92D072 2010-10-13  Stefano Rivera <stefano@rivera.za.net>
   uid                  Stefano Rivera <stefanor@ubuntu.com>
   sig!         228A3AE4 2010-10-16  John Leuner
<jewel@subvert-the-dominant-paradigm.net>
   sig!3        CD92D072 2010-10-13  Stefano Rivera <stefano@rivera.za.net>
   sub   4096R/7B0EFA15 2010-10-13
   sig!         CD92D072 2010-10-13  Stefano Rivera <stefano@rivera.za.net>
   sub   4096R/B5CD1ACC 2010-10-13 [expires: 2015-10-12]
   sig!         CD92D072 2010-10-13  Stefano Rivera <stefano@rivera.za.net>

   12 signatures not checked due to missing keys
   Key is OpenPGP version 4 or greater.
   Key has 4096 bits.
   Valid "e" flag, no expiration.
   Valid "s" flag, no expiration.

2. Background
-------------
   Applicant writes:

   I live in Cape Town, South Africa, and am a student, studying for a
   computer science MSc in the Digital Libraries Laboratory at UCT. I do a
   little freelance sysadmin work.

   The story of how I came to GNU/Linux is somewhat covered on my
website [2].
   I was pulled to Linux (RedHat in those days, late 90s) because it was
   different and the goals of free software sounded laudable and something
   I wanted to be a part of. As a UNIX, it was also immensely powerful, and
   seemed like the best place to improve my programming ability. I'd
   reached my limits of playing with Windows, but Linux systems just had so
   much more to offer and pulled me into Network and System Administration.

   In the intervening years, I've been active in my local Linux community,
   serving on the LUG [3] committee for almost 10 years, chairing for the
   last two. I am the core sysadmin, running (among other things) a local
   mirror, a freedom toaster, and a keyserver.

   I am the (unofficial and unpaid) sysadmin for a 80-odd seat Ubuntu lab
   at my university. Unfortunately, it's the only free software lab open to
   all students. It *is* very popular, though (probably because there is no
   supervision).

   In the last couple of years, I've been contributing more to open source
   projects and got deeply involved in a Python IRC bot, ibid [4], we wrote
   to replace an ageing Perl infobot-like bot.

   Packaging ibid for Debian finally got me involved in Debian development,
   which is something I've been intending to do for many years. I maintain
   a couple of minor Python library packages in Debian.

   I also got involved in Ubuntu development, and am a MOTU. I'm currently
   doing a fair amount of upstream work on ubuntu-dev-tools (which is not
   entirely Ubuntu-specific, as the name implies, really just a (mostly)
   Python-based devscripts-like package).

   I volunteer my time on Debian because I enjoy working on a project that
   has been so useful to me. I am proud to be a part of it, and hope to
   bring in more members of my local community.

   [2]: http://tumbleweed.org.za/me/linux-history
   [3]: http://www.clug.org.za
   [4]: http://ibid.omnia.za.net/

   >Please describe the contributions you have made to Debian, your
   >primary areas of interest within Debian, and any goals you wish to
   >accomplish.

   My primary areas of interest (or at least expertise) within Debian is
   Python libraries and applications. Mostly as that's my programming
   language of choice, and it's currently undergoing a fair amount of flux.

   I also maintain a simple C library, snowball, and a complex C++ library,
   re2. re2 hasn't yet settled on a stable ABI or made a release, so it's
   living as a static library in experimental for now.

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Stefano has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and
   procedures and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. Stefano committed to uphold the SC
   and DFSG in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
   Stefano has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian.
   Stefano is maintainer of configobj, ibid, munkres, objgraph, and
   8 other packages.

   All packages are in good shape.

   Stefano also answered my other questions regarding T&S without
   problems and has fixed RC bugs and performed NMUs in the past.

   I recommend to accept Stefano as a Debian Developer.

--
Luke Faraone;; Debian & Ubuntu Developer; Sugar Labs, Systems
lfaraone on irc.[freenode,oftc].net -- http://luke.faraone.cc