AM Report for Siegfried-Angel Gevatter Pujals

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
   Name:		Siegfried-Angel Gevatter Pujals
   Key fingerprint:	7C0F F088 052C 082B 4424  5417 1CFC 22F3 363D EAE3
   Account:       	sgevatter
   Forward email:	siegfried@gevatter.com

   ID check passed, keycheck.sh shows:

Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
Receiving and checking key
pub   2048R/363DEAE3 2009-05-16
      Key fingerprint = 7C0F F088 052C 082B 4424  5417 1CFC 22F3 363D EAE3
uid                  Siegfried-Angel Gevatter Pujals <siggi.gevatter@gmail.com>
sig!         A7D91602 2009-05-27  Andrew Pollock <apollock@debian.org>
sig!         5E0577F2 2009-05-27  Martin Pitt <martin@piware.de>
sig!         29982E5A 2009-05-28  Steve Langasek <vorlon@dodds.net>
sig!         34A26946 2009-06-09  Ying-Chun Liu (PaulLiu) <grandpaul@gmail.com>
sig!         B2CFCDD8 2009-06-11  Philipp Kern
sig!         A824B93F 2009-07-05  Alexander Sack <asac@debian.org>
sig!         BD058554 2009-07-13  Michael Biebl <biebl@teco.edu>
sig!         10FA4CD1 2009-07-31  Colin Watson <cjwatson@flatline.org.uk>
sig!3        363DEAE3 2009-05-16  Siegfried-Angel Gevatter Pujals <siggi.gevatter@gmail.com>
uid                  Siegfried-Angel Gevatter Pujals <rainct@eurion.net>
uid                  Siegfried-Angel Gevatter Pujals <rainct@ubuntu.com>
uid                  Siegfried-Angel Gevatter Pujals <sgevatter@ubuntu.cat>
sig!         A7D91602 2009-05-27  Andrew Pollock <apollock@debian.org>
sig!         5E0577F2 2009-05-27  Martin Pitt <martin@piware.de>
sig!         34A26946 2009-06-09  Ying-Chun Liu (PaulLiu) <grandpaul@gmail.com>
sig!         B2CFCDD8 2009-06-11  Philipp Kern
sig!         A824B93F 2009-07-05  Alexander Sack <asac@debian.org>
sig!         BD058554 2009-07-13  Michael Biebl <biebl@teco.edu>
sig!         10FA4CD1 2009-07-31  Colin Watson <cjwatson@flatline.org.uk>
sig!3        363DEAE3 2009-05-16  Siegfried-Angel Gevatter Pujals <siggi.gevatter@gmail.com>
sub   2048g/E8D079DF 2009-05-16
sig!         363DEAE3 2009-05-16  Siegfried-Angel Gevatter Pujals <siggi.gevatter@gmail.com>

Key is OpenPGP version 4 or greater.  Good!
Check for key expire stuff
Valid "e" flag on key 0x1CFC22F3363DEAE3, no expiration
Valid "s" flag on key 0x1CFC22F3363DEAE3, no expiration

2. Background
-------------
  Applicant writes:

   I've been fascinated by computers since my early childhood when I used
   to play with my parents MS-DOS and Windows 3.1, and later discovered
   the Internet at a local library. When I was around 11 I got my first
   computer and started exploring every detail of it, until at some point
   I started getting interested by web development and so after a couple
   years struggling with static pages I started learning my first
   programming language (PHP). During that time I also developed a
   preference for freeware software, as I wasn't comfortable with the
   idea of stealing applications and I could find good enough no-cost
   alternatives for everything I needed. I started hearing about an
   operating system called Linux, which is so much better and doesn't
   crash, and eventually I downloaded a couple distributions and was
   quite impressed by them. I also started familiarizing myself with the
   values of Free Software. However, because of hardware problems it
   wasn't until a year later (by then it was 2006) that I started using
   it daily; at that point I happened to have Ubuntu installed.

   I loved the simplicity of GNOME's interfaces and how much easier it
   was to develop on GNU/Linux, and I welcomed the occasional need of
   fixing something from the command line since it gave me deeper insight
   into how the system works. Some months after that, there was an effort
   to launch a Catalan Ubuntu LoCo Team and I became an active member of
   it. I slowly started getting involved with bug triaging, shifted to
   packaging and that's how I ended up as an Ubuntu Developer. I've been
   kind of a generalist, doing some packaging work here and there; I've
   also done some worked on development tools, primarily on REVU
   (http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/; Python had become my new favourite
   language by then). I chose the Debian route for most packages I
   created from scratch, and at some point I decided I'd like to do the
   step and become a DD.

   Around a year ago I switched my main desktop to Debian Sid. I've also
   been changing my focus more towards development (I'm an active
   Zeitgeist developer and I participated in GSoC last summer), and
   because of this my packaging work has been mostly reduced to what I do
   in Debian. Here I'm maintaining several Zeitgeist related packages, a
   bunch of games and several little applications (most of them written
   in Python). I plan to keep extending this selection of packages and
   I'd also like to work on reducing the gap between Debian and Ubuntu,
   possibly by sponsoring work done by Ubuntu Developers and raising
   awareness that it isn't that difficult to get packages into Debian as
   compared to Ubuntu.

   Currently I'm a Computer Engineering student at UPC / BarcelonaTech,
   and I'm working part-time doing web and mobile development.

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Siegfried has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
   and correctly answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way.  Siegfried committed to uphold the SC
   and DFSG in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
   Siegfried has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian,
   and maintains quite a few packages:

	http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=rainct@ubuntu.com

   His main sponsors are Piotr Ożarowski (for anything Python related) and
   Sebastian Dröge (gbrainy).  Others including Alexander Schmehl and Sean
   Finney have also uploaded some package for him.

   I solicited input from both Piotr and Sebastian, and both spoke very
   highly of Siegfried's skills and contributions, and said they would
   welcome him as a DD.

   During our process, I reviewed the "gbrainy" package in detail, and we
   discussed decisions he had made in packaging it, and possible improvements
   in the handling of Build-Depends-Indep.  He researched this topic and
   made improvements.

   I recommend acceptance of Siegfried-Angel Gevatter Pujals as a Debian
   Developer.