AM report for Jeffrey Ratcliffe <jeffrey.ratcliffe@gmail.com>

1. Identification & Account Data
- --------------------------------
   First name:      Jeffrey
   Last name:       Ratcliffe
   Key fingerprint: 16D2 E421 C2C9 B60E 9DC4  66AB 5430 209C 4DD7 CC93
   Account:         jjr
   Forward email:   jeffrey.ratcliffe@gmail.com

   ID check passed, key signed by 2 existing developers:

   Output from keycheck.sh:

    Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
    Receiving and checking key
    pub   1024D/4DD7CC93 1999-12-18
          Key fingerprint = 16D2 E421 C2C9 B60E 9DC4  66AB 5430 209C 4DD7 CC93
    uid                  Jeffrey Ratcliffe <Jeffrey.Ratcliffe@gmail.com>
    sig!         C1F24EA4 2007-09-07  Stefan Fritsch <sf@sfritsch.de>
    sig!3        888354F7 2008-09-21  Richard Atterer <richard@atterer.net>
    sig!3        4DD7CC93 2005-12-01  Jeffrey Ratcliffe <Jeffrey.Ratcliffe@gmail.com>
    sig!3        4DD7CC93 2007-08-10  Jeffrey Ratcliffe <Jeffrey.Ratcliffe@gmail.com>
    sig!3        4DD7CC93 2007-09-07  Jeffrey Ratcliffe <Jeffrey.Ratcliffe@gmail.com>
    uid       [ revoked] Jeffrey Ratcliffe <Jeffrey.Ratcliffe@m.dasa.de>
    sig!         4DD7CC93 2001-07-30  Jeffrey Ratcliffe <Jeffrey.Ratcliffe@gmail.com>
    rev!         4DD7CC93 2007-09-07  Jeffrey Ratcliffe <Jeffrey.Ratcliffe@gmail.com>
    uid       [ revoked] Jeffrey Ratcliffe <Jeffrey.Ratcliffe@m.eads.net>
    sig!         4DD7CC93 2001-07-30  Jeffrey Ratcliffe <Jeffrey.Ratcliffe@gmail.com>
    sig!         4DD7CC93 2007-09-07  Jeffrey Ratcliffe <Jeffrey.Ratcliffe@gmail.com>
    rev!         4DD7CC93 2007-09-07  Jeffrey Ratcliffe <Jeffrey.Ratcliffe@gmail.com>
    uid                  Jeffrey Ratcliffe <JeffreyRatcliffe@yahoo.co.uk>
    sig!         4DD7CC93 2001-09-06  Jeffrey Ratcliffe <Jeffrey.Ratcliffe@gmail.com>
    uid       [ revoked] Jeffrey Ratcliffe <Jeffrey.Ratcliffe@bigfoot.com>
    sig!         C1F24EA4 2007-09-07  Stefan Fritsch <sf@sfritsch.de>
    sig!         4DD7CC93 1999-12-18  Jeffrey Ratcliffe <Jeffrey.Ratcliffe@gmail.com>
    uid       [ revoked] Jeffrey Ratcliffe <Jeffrey.Ratcliffe@t-online.de>
    sig!         4DD7CC93 2001-07-30  Jeffrey Ratcliffe <Jeffrey.Ratcliffe@gmail.com>
    rev!         4DD7CC93 2007-09-07  Jeffrey Ratcliffe <Jeffrey.Ratcliffe@gmail.com>
    sub   2048g/EC820700 1999-12-18
    sig!         4DD7CC93 1999-12-18  Jeffrey Ratcliffe <Jeffrey.Ratcliffe@gmail.com>

    Key is OpenPGP version 4 or greater.  Good!
    Check for key expire stuff
    Valid "e" flag on key 0x5430209C4DD7CC93, no expiration
    Valid "s" flag on key 0x5430209C4DD7CC93, no expiration

2. Background
- -------------
   Applicant writes:

    My first contact with GNU/Linux was when an acquaintance showed me his
    installation of Yggdrasil Linux in 1994. At the time, though, I didn't
    "get" it, and it was ten years later that a colleague encouraged me to
    install Mandrake. I fairly quickly switched to Ubuntu

    I discovered that the output from SANE was vastly better than that
    from the Windows drivers for my HP scanner, and wrote some BASH
    scripts to get scanimage->TIFF->PDF. I then learnt Perl and Gtk2-Perl
    and started writing gscan2pdf, picking up Debian packaging in order to
    distribute it. John Goerzens got me interested in packaging properly
    when he prepared gscan2pdf for Debian the first time. I tried my hand
    at packaging for Ubuntu, but was frustrated by the fact that you had
    to be on IRC to get anyone to review the results, and on the principle
    that any Debian Developer is an Ubuntu Developer, switched to
    packaging for Debian, having much more joy on mentors.

    Since then, I have written Perl bindings for the GtkImageView widget
    and the SANE API, and packaged various
    other programs and libraries, several of them with the Debian Perl
    group.

    My motivation in volunteering my time is to give something back to the
    free software world.

    My goals are to help as much as I can to improve Debian specifically
    and OSS in general.

3. Philosophy and Procedures
- -----------------------------
   Jeffrey has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
   and answered all questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. Jeffrey committed to uphold the SC and DFSG
   in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
- -------------------
   Jeffrey has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian.
   Jeffrey is maintainer of 3 Perl libraries, maintained in the Debian Perl
   Group and he maintains ocropus, a document analysis and OCR system.
   His packages are sponsored by grogora and jwilk.
   All packages are in good shape.
   Jeffrey also answered my other questions regarding T&S without problems.

5. Recommendation
   I recommend to accept Jeffrey as a Debian Developer.

- --
 GPG Fingerprints: 06C8 C9A2 EAAD E37E 5B2C BE93 067A AD04 C93B FF79
                   ECA1 E3F2 8E11 2432 D485 DD95 EB36 171A 6FF9 435F