Re: Advocating Dmitrijs Ledkovs <dmitrij.ledkov@ubuntu.com>

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 04:58:11PM +0000, NM Front Desk wrote:
> Auth-Key: nmauth2bc4135e0e2d8f31b862dc14004cc169
> Applicant: Dmitrijs Ledkovs <dmitrij.ledkov@ubuntu.com>
>
> Why do you advocate this person? (please provide a 5-10 line summary).
>
> You are encouraged to take questions such as the following into account
> but you're not limited to answering these:
>  - How have they contributed to Debian already?
>  - What do they intend to do for Debian in the future?
>  - How do they interact with others, such as users and other developers?

Dmitrijs has been an active contributor to Debian for some time.  He has
been active on the pkg-crosswire-devel mailing list since its inception
in January 2009.  I have also been sponsoring uploads for him since
April 2009 (packages include xiphos, sword, and bibledit).  In that
time, Dmitrijs has become more involved in the group, prepared uploads
and requested sponsorship for uploads more frequently, and improved his
packaging skills.

Dmitrijs' recent uploads have required no changes on
my part.  Of late, I have been able to build, lintian check, and review
Dmitrijs' sponsored package without finding a single defect or even
minor issue.

Dmitrijs is also actively involved with the Ubuntu versions of those
packages and coordinates with upstream as needed.  He also regularly
interacts with other members of the pkg-crosswire-devel community in a
very positive way.

> Please note that your answer may be cited on a public mailing list unless
> you indicate otherwise.

This message may be cited in public.

Regards,

-Roberto