AM report for Felipe Sateler

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
   First name:      Felipe
   Middle name:
   Last name:       Sateler
   Key fingerprint: 218E E036 2033 C87B 6C13  5FA4 A3BA BAE2 408D D6CF
   Account:         fsateler
   Forward email:   fsateler@gmail.com

   ID check passed; Felipe's key is signed by Robert Collins only. I
   have requested Felipe to work on getting additional signatures; he
   lives in Chile, where there is one DD (Bruno Barrera), but is
   somewhere between inactivity and MIA :-(

   Output from keycheck.sh:
$ ./keycheck.sh 408DD6CF
Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
Receiving and checking key
gpg: requesting key 408DD6CF from hkp server keys.gnupg.net
pub   4096R/408DD6CF 2009-05-08
      Key fingerprint = 218E E036 2033 C87B 6C13  5FA4 A3BA BAE2 408D D6CF
uid                  Felipe Sateler <fsateler@gmail.com>
sig!3        FBD3EB8E 2009-06-10  Robert Collins <robertc@robertcollins.net>
sig!3        408DD6CF 2009-05-08  Felipe Sateler <fsateler@gmail.com>
uid                  Felipe Sateler <fsateler@uc.cl>
sig!3        FBD3EB8E 2009-06-10  Robert Collins <robertc@robertcollins.net>
sig!3        408DD6CF 2009-05-08  Felipe Sateler <fsateler@gmail.com>
uid                  Felipe Sateler <felipe@sateler.com>
sig!3        408DD6CF 2009-05-08  Felipe Sateler <fsateler@gmail.com>
sub   4096R/D70D5F18 2009-05-09
sig!         408DD6CF 2009-05-09  Felipe Sateler <fsateler@gmail.com>

3 signatures not checked due to missing keys
Key is OpenPGP version 4 or greater.  Good!
Check for key expire stuff
Valid "e" flag on key 0xA3BABAE2408DD6CF, no expiration
Valid "s" flag on key 0xA3BABAE2408DD6CF, no expiration

2. Background
-------------

Felipe has been active for several years already in Debian, first
being sponsored, and since December 2009 as a DM. To be honest,
although we work in very different areas, I was surprised when he was
assigned to me for NM processing (after he worked on NM in
September/October with mkoch@d.o), as I expected him to be already a
DD. Felipe had even NMU'd one of my own packages ;-)

   Applicant writes:

My first attempt at trying linux was back in 99 I think, with WinLinux.
I didn't get very far, though. The first real attempt was with Red Hat
8, in 2002-2003. I used it for a while, but got really annoyed with the
package manager, so in 2004 I switched to Debian (when sarge was
testing), after a quick stage on Linux From Scratch. All this time I was
also using several free applications for Windows (I remember Gnutella
was the reason I started looking into free software as such, until then
linux was just an alternative OS for me). I decided to start
volunteering time because I had some free time, but nowadays I do it
because what I want to do with my computer, Debian right now can't
offer.

I started packaging for debian with checkinstall in 2005-2006. I stayed
at that for a while, but adopted csound when I started using it but the
current debian package was lagging behind upstream. Since then, I have
been getting more involved in the Debian Multimedia Maintainers team
(formerly Debian Multimedia and Debian Multimedia Packages teams),
hoping to make Debian a good digital audio workstation. I have now 5
source packages in debian, with one in the adoption stage (ladspa-sdk).
My plans for the future are trying to make Debian a top-notch audio
processing distribution, on where it currently lacks. In particular, the
Debian Multimedia Maintainers team is understaffed not only with
contributors in general, but specifically DDs that can sponsor uploads.
This makes it hard to maintain packages within the team without being a
DD, which is why some of my packages are not maintained within the
team's umbrella, even though I'd like that.

   Google says:

Actually, Google replied precisely as I expected: Felipe has long been
active in Debian; there are many instances where he gives good support
leads in other Free Software related forums.

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Felipe has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and
   procedures and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. Felipe committed to uphold the SC and
   DFSG in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
   Felipe has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian.
   Felipe is maintainer of several multimedia-related packages
   (csound, qutecsound, cmt, csound-manual and liblo), as well as of
   checkinstall. He has worked on such packages for several years
   already, and they are kept in good state - Although there are some
   open bug reports, they are not at all neglected. His packaging is
   quite good; Felipe works together with the CDBS maintainer, who is
   most pleased with his work.

   I recommend to accept Felipe as a Debian Developer.

--
Gunnar Wolf • gwolf@gwolf.org • (+52-55)5623-0154 / 1451-2244