Re: Debian Maintainer application for Johan Euphrosine

Hi.

Loic Dachary <loic@dachary.org> (03/05/2010):
> I believe that Johan Euphrosine has the technical skills needed to
> maintain Debian packages. I support his application to become a
> Debian maintainer, because he has been working with debian and
> packaging jscoverage and other packages for many years.
>
> [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint/2010/04/msg00043.html

I've seen interesting will/eagerness to learn (in particular through
IRC after my opening a few RC bugs against jscoverage, and by mail
through followups a few minutes after that), but I believe Johan might
benefit from a little bit of mentoring before being able to upload on
his own. I'm not offering to do that myself though (people might know
I still have an NM to take care of), and I'm sorry for that.

Anyway, that's not a strong “no” to his DM application, just a feeling
I thought I'd share after a quick look at that jscoverage package and
set of bugs.

Mraw,
KiBi.