Re: Advocating Sebastian Feltel <sebastian@feltel.de>

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 01:16:52PM +0000, NM Front Desk wrote:
> Auth-Key: nmauth39270d8ce6f637df6d99c29fef0ca93c
> Applicant: Sebastian Feltel <sebastian@feltel.de>
>
> Why do you advocate this person?

Sebastian is the founder and main administrator of the German
debianforum.de. He has not maintained packages and, as far as I know,
doesn't intend to. But he has been following Debian development closely
for many years now, has contributed by supporting the German Debian
community and of course by sending in bug reports. He also worked as a
translator for some time.

On many events, such as the Chemnitzer Linux-Tage or the Linuxtag in
Berlin, communication and cooperation have been fruitful for several
years. He attended himself and motivated other debianforum.de members to
participate. At the MiniDebConf in Berlin this year, Sebastian organized
an info booth and worked it almost full time.

The German debianforum.de is a big board with more than half a million
posts and many long term members. Sebastian is one of the nerds with the
most posts ;) and as such a very helpful member himself.

I have met Sebastian in person, have worked with him. He is kind and
nice to work with. I think his contributions so far show his interest in
Debian and Free Software. From talking to him I know how much he values
what Debian stands for. I appreciate everything he does (I for one
wouldn't be here if it weren't for his work) and I trust he will not
stop contributing soon. I'd like to see him as an official Debian
Contributor with voting rights.

Hauke

--
 .''`.   Jan Hauke Rahm <jhr@debian.org>               www.jhr-online.de