Re: Advocating Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>

NM Front Desk writes:
> Auth-Key: nmauthbb1b65f1ee8d773eec912899ede0397e
> Applicant: Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>

Hi All,

I'd like to advocate Peter Pentchev as a Debian Developer.

I know him personally for a long time, and I've been sponsoring several
packages prepared by him for almost two years now, which eventually culminated
to DMUA=yes for all of them, because of the delivered quality.

Some of these packages are well extended by Peter himself (dma - with the
changes communicated upstream; s5); other packaging is of pieces himself being
upstream (confget, timelimit, pslist, he also adopted debsigs upsteam), and
the rest is just packaging (dante, gforth, wmanager, tina, mbuffer).

I've also witnessed numerous times his extensive knowledge in networking and
security, well-versed C and Perl skills. Peter is also an official FreeBSD
developer for several years, and could eventually provide expertise with our
bsd ports (as he already kindly provided some FreeBSD/kfreebsd consulting and
testing to verify the resolution of some arch-specific issues with the
libsysactivity package).

Last, but not least, he bears a very good netiquette.

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB <people.fccf.net/danchev/key pgp.mit.edu>