Re: DM application of Gregor Jasny - advocacy

Hello Gregor, hello Debian NM front desk,

Gregor Jasny [2010-11-28 19:41 +0100]:
> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
> Currently, I maintain the package v4l-utils and I co‐maintain the
> package c-ares.

I have sponsored Gregor's v4l-utils package for about a year now, and
never found anything major to complain about (just some nitpicks,
which were more a matter of style and opinion). He has taken great
care of this package since it was created in September 2010 [1], the
bug record is spotless (just one open bug right now which is fixed in
git already). He also works on Linux based video solutions, and thus
has a genuine and long-term motivation to maintain v4l.

We have met twice in person so far, and I can confirm that he
understands and agrees to the principles and philosophy of Debian.
I would welcome him as a Debian Maintainer to be able to upload v4l
by himself. (I already added the DM-Upload-Allowed: tag in the
packaging git).

Gregor, thanks for your good work!

Martin

[1] http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/v/v4l-utils/current/changelog