Re: DM application of Christian Hofstaedtler

* Christian Hofstaedtler <christian@hofstaedtler.name> [Fri Dec 03, 2010 at 12:25:44PM +0100]:

> This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer, as
> explained on http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer .

> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.

> Currently, I maintain the package cciss-vol-status.
> I'm also involved in an overlay distribution named Grml, which you
> may have heard of.

> My GnuPG key 93052E03 is signed by DD Michael Prokop (mika). This is
> a rather fresh key (4096R), which is also signed with my old key, which
> in turn has signatures by 3+ other DDs.

> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer.

Christian is a valuable long-time contributor to the Grml project
and joined the project as official Grml developer ~2 months ago.

I sponsored a Debian package of Christian and he also does Debian
packaging work for the Grml project. He works previsional, is a
highly skilled sysadmin and developer, has excellent social skills
and it's always a pleasure for me to work with him.

I'm certain that Christian would be a valuable developer for the
Debian project. I therefore fully support Christian's request to
becoming a Debian Maintainer and would like to see him as official
part of the project.

regards,
-mika-