Re: Debian Maintainer Application for Michael Gilbert

Am 16.08.2010 02:01, schrieb Michael Gilbert:
> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
>
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and Debian
> Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
>
> I currently maintain the xpdf package.  I also co-maintain the yui-compressor,
> webkit, alien-arena, alien-arena-data, and fglrx-driver packages.  I have also
> prepared a few stable security updates: python, libtool, and libtheora.
>
> My GnuPG key 0F0F4FFA is currently signed by two Debian Developers: Moritz
> Muehlenhoff and Sean Finney.
>
> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thank you for your attention.
>
> Best wishes,
> Michael Gilbert

Hello list,

I am supporting Michaels request to become a DM and I would also support
it, if he would intent to become an NM.

Michael is a co-maint of fglrx-driver since a longer time and he is very
helpfull. He has shown a good communication with @ developer <-> bts <->
submitter and fixes bugs where I hadn't got the time/whatever for :)

I have also sponsored several uploads for him, like the alien-arena
packages. He fixes several bugs and his uploads are in a good shape.
Also he has shown a good reaction on my reported issues against
alien-arena; which are mostly upstream issues and were fixed quite fast.

I also followed some security threads of Michael and IMHO he should be a
part of the deb-security team in the future (if he applies for NM and
after that become a DD :p).

Cheers!

--
/*
Mit freundlichem Gruß / With kind regards,

E-Mail: pmatthaei@debian.org
        patrick@linux-dev.org

Comment:
Always if we think we are right,