a question regarding my previous DM application

Greetings,

Several years ago, I had tentatively entered NM with the distant goal
of passing DD, at a time when it was the only option to upload
packages into the archive.  Back then, my slowness at answering the
Task section infuriated some people, at a time when the number of AM
was clearly small.

A couple of years ago, noticing that my only intention had always been
to simply maintain a few packages that matter to me, I redirected my
efforts towards DM. At that point, the previous situation with my
deprecated NM application, combined with a couple of previous RC bugs
against CUPS-PDF, largely contributed to some people loudly opposing
my being granted the DM status.

Looking back, I realize that some of my reactions to the objections
that were raised have been pointlessly hot-tempered and I apologize
for this. To some extent, I can see why I wasn't meeting the
expectations set upon new applicants.

Today, I find myself in the situation where I've uploaded my first
package to Debian more than 7 years ago and yet I still have to find a
sponsor for all of my uploads, despite the fact that all my packages
are Lintian-clean and that upstream authors actively participate in
responding to bug reports against the packages I personally maintain,
which only leaves me with packaging issues to address by myself.

As such, I would kindly ask if someone could clarify which of the
objections made back when I last applied for DM remain true today and
how I could best address them? While I still don't have the ambition
of becoming a DD or of ever being actively involved in the community
(I only maintain a few packages that matter to me and file the
occasional bug report against other packages that I use), I'm still
willing to listen to constructive criticism and to make some efforts
to improve the situation towards finally receiving the DM status.

Best Regards,
Martin-Éric