Re: Debian Maintainer application for Ulrich Dangel

* Ulrich Dangel <mru@spamt.net> [Mon Aug 23, 2010 at 07:53:26PM +0200]:

> This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer.
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
> Currently, I maintain the packages shunit2 and mpris-remote.

> My GnuPG key 97F1AAAC is signed by the following Debian Developers:
> Bernd Zeimetz, Thorsten Glaser and Evgeni Golov.

> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your
> attention.

I'm working with Ulrich on the Grml.org project since several years
(I invited him to join the Grml team and he officially joined 4
years ago). Ulrich has excellent technical skills - he implemented
several nice features, debugged and also fixed several bugs for Grml
(some of them going to another upstream, including Debian).

I sponsored uploads of Ulrich's packages and know him as a very
responsive and friendly developer. He is very good at communicating
and working together with other people - it's always a pleasure for
me to work with him.

I want to see Ulrich being official part of the Debian project and
therefore fully support and advocate him to become a Debian
Maintainer.

regards,
-mika-