Re: Debian Maintainer Application for Tanguy Ortolo

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010, Tanguy Ortolo wrote:
> This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer [1], as a
> step to the New Maintainer process to become a Debian Developer. I have
> read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and Debian
> Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
>
>     [1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer

I believe Tanguy has a good understanding of our philosophy and has
developed quite great technical skills. He's also the main maintainer
of one of the best advocacy tools Debian has in France, that is Alexis
Delattre's Debian Howto [1].

[1] http://formation-debian.via.ecp.fr/

I've been knowing Tanguy for 4 years now and he's proven very serious
in his involvements. He is very curious and zealous, sometimes even
over-enthousiastic. But more than other, he always tries to find
constructive arguments and consensual solutions.

> I currently maintain the packages dokuwiki

Tanguy has smoothly taken over dokuwiki's maintenance from me and
I happily added him as an Uploader first then made him replace me
as the Maintainer. He is doing a great job with the package,
always in the service of our users and with the greatest respect
to the DFSG.

> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your
> attention.

I look forward to seeing him become a Debian Developer. By then, I
think Debian deserves him as a Debian Maintainer.

--
Mohammed Adnène Trojette