Re: Advocating Antoine Beaupré <anarcat@koumbit.org>

On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 01:59:36 +0000, NM Front Desk <recommend@nm.debian.org> wrote:
Auth-Key: nmauth7cddea8b81587b81591cbe7ac64e84c9
Applicant: Antoine Beaupré <anarcat@koumbit.org>

> Why do you advocate this person? (please provide a 5-10 line summary).
>
> You are encouraged to take questions such as the following into account
> but you're not limited to answering these:
>  - How have they contributed to Debian already?
>  - What do they intend to do for Debian in the future?
>  - How do they interact with others, such as users and other developers?

I have worked with Antoine on various projects over the last several
years, both in person and collaboratively online. I've sponsored his
packages, and have been impressed by his earnest desire to do the right
thing with his packages which tend to come to me already polished and
ready to be uploaded. I am very familiar with his existing work, his
social and technical skills and his dedication and quality of work. I
have a lot of trust in Antoine as a person and feel that he is the kind
of developer that Debian can only benefit from having as a DD. He has
been quite active in productive discussions at recent Debconfs, with a
strong interest in the Freedom Box, and has recently thrown in Montreal
to the Debconf 2012 bid process. I think it would be impossible to find
a reason not to have him as part of Debian.

I would be quite happy to advocate Antoine Beaupré to become a Debian
Developer.

micah