Re: Intent to become a Debian Maintainer

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 09:49:23AM -0600, Josue Abarca wrote:

I fully support Jouse's application.

> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
>
> Currently, I maintain the packages xpaint, siege, denemo and wget-el
> and I co‐maintain the package libsmf*.

I've know Josue for about 3 Years, and I've being working with him for about 1
year reviewing his packages and sponsoring some packages for him.

He has a good technical skills to maintain his own packages,
So far he maintain some libs and intersting packages like xpaint, He has good
relationship with upstream and several of his patchs are already merged on
upstream.

> My GnuPG key 0x70D8FB2A is signed by the Debian Developers:
> - René Mayorga <rmayorga@debian.org>, key id 0xE0B7D6BE
> - Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@debian.org>, key id 0x8BB527AF

More Signatures would be great, but he lives in Guatemala and is hard to find
some DDs near.

Cheers

--
René