Re: Dealing with the NM people

On Tuesday 06 July 2010 14:34:52 Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> I'm not so sure he was mocking you, you should not assume such things, it
> makes it difficult to have a constructive conversation. Just ask if you
> have doubts instead of assuming bad things.

Firefox is a big project and doesn't even reach 1/5th of the LoC in OSG:
http://www.ohloh.net/p/firefox/analyses/latest

Ogre is a similar project to OpenSceneGraph (a bit smaller in LoC, and the
VCS history is probably incomplete, I think that it predates this century,
but even if don't, 8 years is more than 6 months):
http://www.ohloh.net/p/ogre/analyses/latest

So I honestly can't understand how anybody with some idea about programming
can think of a 3D engine project coded in C++ or any other language using
inheritance heavily and not autogenerating code a-la Java Webservices, which
has [actually more than] 1/2 million LoC as measured by Ohloh (not counting
blanks, comments, etc), can be coded in 6 months.

But that's beside the point.  I didn't ask if he was mocking me, I patiently
explained it *again* after the "don't be silly" line, in the case that it
was just a misunderstanding.  I only started to conclude that it must be
mocking after somebody in there feeled offended and wiped my application
citing that reason.

Maybe it's Front Desk (and I don't know whether you are part of it or not)
who could take the advice of "Just ask if you have doubts instead of
assuming bad things".  I don't know if it's the tone in my emails or what,
but they've been misunderstanding me throughout all the communication and
assuming bad things, and then lying about it.

That's what's also happens in debian-project@, everybody thinks that I'm
just mad at not being considered for DD or getting honours by making a
couple of NMUs.  It must a problem with my communication skills then.  All
right, sorry for all the inconveniences.

Cheers and bye.
--
Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <manuel.montezelo@gmail.com>