Re: Debian Maintainer application

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 11:03:29PM +0200, Christoph Egger wrote:

> I noticed you're still using a PGPv3 Key. I guess the keyring
> maintainers aren't particularly happy to add new v3 keys as they
> recently announced to drop all remaining[0].

We've never accepted new PGPv3 keys during my time as keyring-maint, so
it's not a cause of "not happy to" it's a case of "we won't".

Also we recommend against 1024D/SHA1 keys for new additions (writing a
policy for this and running it past the NM team/DAM is on my list and
I'll probably get to it after we remove the final v3 keys), but we will
still accept them at present. Anyone generating a new key is advised to
read:

http://keyring.debian.org/creating-key.html

J.

--
Stand by stomach, here comes banana...
This .sig brought to you by the letter W and the number 21