[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Fwd: Advocating William Vera <billy@billy.com.mx>

Hash: SHA1


I am supporting Williams intention to join NM.
I have sponsored one upload from his vfu and scrot package and also
netdiscover. His packages were mostly clean (only some minor issues
which were fixed fast); he is also a polite person.

Am 12.05.2010 23:07, schrieb William Vera:
> Hi all
> I am writing this mail seeking their support for my NM application,
> this is because my main mentor and uploader (anibal) appears to be
> inactive and I need someone who can advocate for my technical skills
> and my work packaging on debian.
> Thanks very much in advance  and sorry for sending emails directly to
> you but I'm not sure you read the NM list.
> William Vera
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>
> Date: Sun, May 9, 2010 at 10:22 AM
> Subject: Re: Advocating William Vera <billy@billy.com.mx>
> To: Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@debian.org>
> Cc: debian-newmaint@lists.debian.org
> On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 11:06:13PM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
>> I have not directly worked Debian-wise with William, but know him from
>> the Free Software activities in my country - and have talked with him
>> several times. I have reviewed his currently sponsored work in Debian,
>> and is very well kept, which speaks well about his personal abilities
> Just one clarification: you say "I have not directly worked Debian-wise
> with William", and that phrase raises a FD alarm bell about this size:
> http://www.1-800-4clocks.com/images/Big-Ben-Clock-Bell-London.jpg
> However you say that you have reviewed his sponsored work in Debian. The
> two statements are, as I see it, contradictory, unless it was just a
> quick review.
> Also considering how it went 6 months ago, I would feel more comfortable
> if I saw another advocacy message from one of the people who actually
> sponsor his uploads.
> I see many people are sponsoring his packages, so it should not be a big
> problem:
>  $ who-uploads shtool
>  Uploads for shtool:
>  2.0.8-4 to unstable: Jan Hauke Rahm <jhr@debian.org>
>  2.0.8-3 to unstable: Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org>
>  2.0.8-2 to unstable: Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org>
>  $ who-uploads hwinfo
>  Uploads for hwinfo:
>  16.0-2 to unstable: Barry deFreese <bdefreese@debian.org>
>  16.0-1 to unstable: Alexander Schmehl <tolimar@debian.org>
>  15.3-2 to unstable: Alexander Schmehl <tolimar@debian.org>
>  $ who-uploads scrot
>  Uploads for scrot:
>  0.8-11 to unstable: George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net>
>  0.8-10 to unstable: Patrick Matthäi (Debian) <pmatthaei@debian.org>
>  0.8-9 to unstable: <unrecognised public key (73CDA455)>
> I am not in fact Cc-ing them now because there are too many and I don't
> want to end up spamming people :)  But if you could please ask whoever
> of them you think is more appropriate to chime in, I'd really appreciate
> it. Feel free to quote this message to them if you think it would help.
> Ciao,
> Enrico
> --
> GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
> gXjq+iF5GihKBzHssmB31byw7vtInCISFkYfKDnFZkgnom9pbGjaXFcNjBWZBEcG
> O8k88wvKQEClip1QmV1ok4dVzzAviBFdeeLdqmIMy1Rxy0Ewdro9cxawA+rAcIZy
> NTN1NnbJO2TG9q0GQ4MVgynq4h9QDMB5gLmz+Q9ZKIMwSaM7OStNTh4b2aHH3DTV
> YU61m8TPCQq08ya5dGzh4r9zX3PcuIKEzlNrYNgMP3g30puzQru40+wu6KX+nUrP
> oD+BhQF4bmjNrmzAwdwMC1/gBRzFLWAvRuQtwArDtjS4oBVa05UnoudhSFJ4lHE=
> =zIP9

- -- 
Mit freundlichem Gruß / With kind regards,
 Patrick Matthäi
 GNU/Linux Debian Developer

E-Mail: pmatthaei@debian.org

Always if we think we are right,
we were maybe wrong.
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)


Reply to: