Re: Support of Debian Maintainer application

> This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer [1].  I
> have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
>
> Currently, I maintain the packages ahven, pcscada, polyorb and I
> co-maintain the libalog package.
>
> My GnuPG key DE3CCE66 is signed by the Debian Developers Daniel
> Baumann and Gaudenz Steinlin. I look forward to becoming a Debian
> Maintainer.  Thanks for your attention.

I hereby support Reto's application for Debian Maintainer.  Reto started
Debian packaging when he adopted opentoken from me in May 2008 (almost
two years ago now).  He has since then added several new packages to
Debian, the most significant being polyorb which took more than a year
to reach unstablee(!).  Reto has worked very well in collaborative
maintenance with Xavier Grave and myself on polyorb and demonstrated
excellent technical skills.  I trust he will use his new Debian
Maintainer powers wisely and eventually grow into a full Debian
Developer.

Note: polyorb already has the DM-Upload-Allowed: yes flag so both Xavier
and, soon, Reto can upload unsupervised.

--
Ludovic Brenta.