Re: Advocating Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org>

Auth-Key: nmauthd3c267b92774b23091dc5afeb8bd5099
Applicant: Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org>

I hereby support Stephen Leake's application as Debian Developer and
advocate him.

Stephe has been working with me on Debian packaging for a couple of
years now.  He now has a few packages in testing; some that he adopted
From me and some that he added on his own.  I have been mentoring and
sponsoring his packages for many months now.

But Stephe's biggest contribution so far is invisible in the Debian
package tracking system: he was a major force behind the refinement of
the Debian Policy for Ada[1], which, with the Fourth Edition for Debian
6.0 "Squeeze", has set a new standard for a Policy document and within
the worldwide Ada community.  Indeed some other distributions are now
trying to learn from Debian[2] and see Debian as a reference[3].  I
think that this is not so much because of the outstanding quality of the
Ada packages than because of the Policy that unites them; Stephe is to
be thanked for this.

[1] http://people.debian.org/~lbrenta/debian-ada-policy.html
[2] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2009-November/057661.html
[3] http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ada/msg/e2dcfc933fa93d4f

Stephe shows great attention to detail, amazing dedication and a deep
understanding of the ideas behind Free Software.  I trust he will pass
the various tests with flying colors.

This mail is GPG-signed.

--
Ludovic Brenta.