Re: Intent to become a Debian Maintainer

Peter Pentchev writes:
> Hi,

Hi,

> This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer.
> I have read the Debian Free Software Guidelines, the Social Contract,
> and the Debian Macine Use Policy and I agree with all of them.
>
> I have adopted the dante, debsigs, donkey, ethstats, gforth, hexer,
> libdebug, prips, qliss3d, wmanager, and wwwstat packages, and
> I have packaged bomstrip, confget, dma, mbuffer, pslist, s5,
> and timelimit as new ones.  There are also several packages that
> I help maintain as part of the Debian Perl Group and the Debian Games
> Team (as time permits); all of those may be seen at
> http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=roam@ringlet.net&comaint=yes
> And yes, I *will* get around to the ITP's and ITA's also listed on
> that page; after all, Gabor Szabo was kind enough to supply me with
> a certain number of actual round tuits at the FOSDEM Perl stand :)

I've been sponsoring confget, dante, dma (which he has vastly extended lately,
actually with quite some *clean* and useful code, which was also forwarded
upstream), and s5 for quite long time and I think Peter would make an useful
addition to the project, both technically and *socially*. I know him
personally for quite long time now, and I've been witnessing his in-depth
knowledge in several domains like C, Perl, networking and security. He has
also been an official FreeBSD committer for quite long time now, though I'm not
particularly sure whether he has interest (and spare time to invest) in our
kfreebsd ports. He is the second person I support during my ~3 year DD-life,
so I guess I don't tend to support people lightly ;-)

> I also intend to start the NM process Real Soon Now(tm).

This is very good news, indeed.

> My GnuPG key has been signed by Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org>,
> Guus Sliepen <guus@debian.org>, and Toni Mueller <toni@debian.org>,
> among others.

That reminds me that we need to exchange fingerprints sooner or later, since I
haven't signed your current key, yet.

> I'm looking forward to contributing to Debian even more as
> a Debian Maintainer :)

JFTR: TBH, if I were FD, I'd probably fast-forward that guy (I can't be quite
bothered to write that if I don't truly believe it)

> Thanks for your time!

Thanks for your contributions to the project.

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB <people.fccf.net/danchev/key pgp.mit.edu>