AM report for Jakub Wilk <ubanus@users.sf.net>

Report for new developer applicant Jakub Wilk <ubanus@users.sf.net>

1. Identification & Background
-------------------------------

Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
Receiving and checking key
gpg: requesting key 015475F5 from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net
pub   4096R/015475F5 2009-10-23 [expires: 2010-10-23]
      Key fingerprint = CDB5 A124 3ACD B630 09AD  0721 2D4E B3A6 0154 75F5
uid                  Jakub Wilk <ubanus@users.sf.net>
sig!         FF1F7A5C 2009-10-27  Lukasz Jachowicz <honey@7thGuard.net>
sig!3        015475F5 2009-10-23  Jakub Wilk <ubanus@users.sf.net>
uid                  [jpeg image of size 6044]
sig!         FF1F7A5C 2009-10-27  Lukasz Jachowicz <honey@7thGuard.net>
sig!3        015475F5 2009-10-23  Jakub Wilk <ubanus@users.sf.net>
sub   4096R/E5874F63 2009-10-23
sig!         015475F5 2009-10-23  Jakub Wilk <ubanus@users.sf.net>

6 signatures not checked due to missing keys
Key is ok
Check for key expire stuff
Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

Applicant writes:
-----------------

My name is Jakub Wilk. I'm 25 years old and I live in Poland. At the
moment I am a freelance software developer, with slight scientific
inclinations. My language of choice is Python, but I am skilled in C,
too.

I've been using Debian since 2003. I made my first contribution to the
project in 2005, by filing a bug with a patch attached. Since then
I filed more than 400 bugs, written a few dozens of patches, and become
maintainer of a dozen or so packages.

I am member of Debian Python Modules Team and Python Applications
Packaging Team and I'm primarily interested in having high quality
Python-related packages in Debian.

I am upstream developer of pdf2djvu and several other less significant
programs.

2. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------

Jakub has a very good knowledge of Debian's philosophy and procedures
and answered all my questions about the social contract, DFSG, BTS, etc.
in a good way. He has committed to uphold the SC and DFSG in his Debian
work and accepts the DMUP.

3. Tasks and Skills

Jakub has a great understanding of the technical side of Debian. He also
answered my other questions regarding T&S without any problems and
provided patches for RC bugs. His social skills are good and it is a
pleasure to communicate with him.

I recommend to accept Jakub as a Debian Developer.