Re: Advocating Georges Khaznadar <georgesk@ofset.org>

> Auth-Key: nmauthee332808b9ad6bb546f30d521967867e
> Applicant: Georges Khaznadar <georgesk@ofset.org>
>
> Why do you advocate this person? (please provide a 5-10 line summary).

I knew Georges because of his work in Ofset (www.ofset.org). For many
years he has been maintaining several Debian packages of applications
mainly to be used in education. First keeping the Ofset repository and
later maintaining these packages in Debian he has always done a great
job, with applications that were not easy to package, as Wims. I've
sponsored some of his packages and I've checked his work is smart and
precise.
Also, he's a free software advocate. He uses to travel around the world
to give talks about the use of free software, and specially about the
use of free software in education.

> You are encouraged to take questions such as the following into
> account
> but you're not limited to answering these:
>  - How have they contributed to Debian already?

He's maintaining several packages related to science and education: wims
(since 2002 in Ofset.org and since 2003 in Debian), ktechlab,
collatinus ...
He's also collaborating with Debian Edu. We met in Indianapolis in a
meeting organized by the government of Indiana US State to talk about
the use of Linux and Debian in the schools.

>  - What do they intend to do for Debian in the future?

He's going to continue maintaining his packages, adding new educative
applications to Debian and contributing to the collaboration between
Ofset and Debian Edu projects.

>  - How do they interact with others, such as users and other
> developers?

As a bug reporter he's a friendly helper.
He's in good contact with upstream, and keeps excellent relations with
other developers.
With the users, he uses to give public talks on how to teach with free
applications. As a teacher he's made live usb for his students to allow
them using Linux on any computer at home or school.

Regards.
José L.