Re: New Debian Maintainer

On Mon, Dec 07, 2009 at 11:03:27AM +0100, Pietro Battiston wrote:
> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/Maintainers>. I have read the Social
> Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and Debian Machine Usage
> Policy and agree with all of them. Currently, I maintain the packages
> gvb, python-shapely, gallery-uploader and nautilus-scripts-manager and
> I devote some attention to a couple of QA packages.

I hereby support the intention of Pietro to become a Debian Maintainer.

I've sponsored for him a package maintained by him, as well as a QA
upload on a package he was not maintaining but still he was interested
to have it fixed in Debian.

Even though I have not been a regular sponsor for him (just a couple of
sponsored upload thus far), I've found him technically prepared on
Debian maintenance tools, well versed and open minded in technical
discussions, and ready/eager to know about tools and other aspects he
was missing.

Cheers.