Re: Legal names (was: AM report for Vagrant Cascadian <vagrant@freegeek.org>)

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 04:03:14PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> Currently we think a good way to do this is to have the applicant be
> known to multiple Debian Developers who speak up for them to the DAM.
> The applicant, who should be a long-term contributor already, also needs
> to be willing to reveal his identity to the DAM, DSA and the
> at-that-time-acting leader, together with the reason why he wants the
> synonym to be used. Those mails can, of course, be encrypted to the
> various persons.

> That way there can be exceptions but the project still can trace people
> if they really need it, going through the persons mentioned above.

Encrypting this information to "the various persons" implies that the
project itself can lose access to this information if those people all
become unavailable in the future.  Is the information also stored somewhere
that DSA (the role, not the people currently in it) will be able to recover
that information if needed?

Cheers,