AM report for Andrew Lee <andrew@linux.org.tw>

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
   First name:      Andrew
   Last name:       Lee
   Key fingerprint: 47E4 BB6F F629 245E 3116  77E7 9D06 33E1 B625 0985
   Account:         ajqlee
   Forward email:   andrew@linux.org.tw

   ID check passed, key signed by 8 existing developers:

   Output from keycheck.sh:

    Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
    Receiving and checking key
    gpg: requesting key B6250985 from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net
    pub   1024D/B6250985 2004-11-02
          Key fingerprint = 47E4 BB6F F629 245E 3116  77E7 9D06 33E1 B625 0985
    uid                  Andrew Lee <andrew@linux.org.tw>
    sig!         71D5F43A 2005-02-28  NIIBE Yutaka <gniibe@fsij.org>
    sig!         E0D49E99 2005-03-01  Changwoo Ryu <cwryu@debian.org>
    sig!         68FD549F 2005-03-16  Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>
    sig!         6D67F790 2006-01-05  Anthony Fok <foka@debian.org>
    sig!         C02440B8 2008-10-13  Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk>
    sig-         2A30D729 2008-10-13  Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@debian.org>
    sig!         2A30D729 2008-10-13  Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@debian.org>
    sig!2        797EBFAB 2004-12-18  Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.com>
    sig!3        C09FD35A 2005-03-08  Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>
    sig!3        B6250985 2004-11-23  Andrew Lee <andrew@linux.org.tw>
    sig!3        B6250985 2008-04-20  Andrew Lee <andrew@linux.org.tw>
    uid                  Andrew Lee (\xe6\x9d\x8e\xe5\x81\xa5\xe7\xa7\x8b)
                                    <andrew@debian.org.tw>
    sig!         C02440B8 2008-10-13  Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk>
    sig!         2A30D729 2008-10-13  Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@debian.org>
    sig!3        B6250985 2006-04-11  Andrew Lee <andrew@linux.org.tw>
    uid       [ revoked] Andrew Lee (§?î) <andrew@linux.org.tw>
    sig!3        B6250985 2004-11-02  Andrew Lee <andrew@linux.org.tw>
    rev!         B6250985 2004-11-23  Andrew Lee <andrew@linux.org.tw>
    sub   1024g/1B27E274 2004-11-02
    sig!         B6250985 2004-11-02  Andrew Lee <andrew@linux.org.tw>

    1 bad signature
    28 signatures not checked due to missing keys
    Key is OpenPGP version 4 or greater.  Good!
    Check for key expire stuff
    Valid "e" flag on key 0x9D0633E1B6250985, no expiration
    Valid "s" flag on key 0x9D0633E1B6250985, no expiration

2. Background
-------------
   Applicant writes:
    [ see attached bio_andrew-en.txt ]

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Andrew has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
   and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. He committed to uphold the SC and DFSG
   in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
   Andrew has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian.
   He is maintainer of the LXDE and a few unrelated packages.
   All packages are in good shape.
   Andrew also answered my other questions regarding T&S without problems
   and provided patches for RC bugs.
   Unrelated to packaging, Andrew takes care of Debian ftp mirrors in .tw.

   I recommend to accept Andrew Lee as a Debian Developer.

--
 Bernd Zeimetz                             Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 GPG Fingerprints: 06C8 C9A2 EAAD E37E 5B2C BE93 067A AD04 C93B FF79

How do I join free software community
-------------------------------------
I started to use GNU/Linux and free software around 11 years ago due to
the first Chinese localisation project called CLE(Chinese Linux
Extension). I was luckly joined the project, learnt a lot on the free
software philosophy and skills, meet a lot of friends. I focus on
the ports of CLE for Mandrake distro. And I switched from Mandrake to
Debian after I merged all the patches and packages into the official
Mandrake distro around 2000~2001.

How do I start to contribute to Debian
--------------------------------------
I become the system admin of .linux.org.tw and start up a debian mirror
since 2002. And now it has become a primary mirror (ftp.tw.debian.org).
I also helped other debian mirrors in Taiwan to become slave mirrors(use
push-mirror mechanism and send triggers from the primary mirror).

Osamu Aoki sent me an email and asked me to help packaging input method
for Chinese around Nov 2004. So I joined pkg-ime team on alioth and
study how to do packaging for debian.
And then I attended Asia Mini DebConf 2005 in Beijing. I gave a status
report of debian.org.tw, and I got my key signed by some DDs.

My involvement in Debian project
--------------------------------
I involed and work with developers/contributors in following related
projects and events:
http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-ime/
http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianEeePC
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu
http://wiki.debian.org/TaiwanDebianMeeting
http://wiki.debian.org/TaiwanDebianMeeting/DebCamp

Beyond that, I also worked a lot with Arne Götje, Enrico Zini and
Walis.Buya on http://wiki.debian.org/I18n/TaiwanIndigenousLanguages

My first package entered debian around Mar 2005. Here is my packages
overview:
http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=andrew@linux.org.tw

My Goals to Debian
------------------
Improve Chinese and Taiwan local languages support:
    There are too few DD in Chinese regions and particularly no DD in
    Taiwan right now(a Taiwanese DD cklin has been in US for a while).
    No much people knows they can help to handle the Chinese related
    support in Debian without being a DD. I'd love share my knowledge
    and bring more Taiwanese people to help Debian.

Build bigger Debian community in Taiwan:
    I would keep organize local events, such as DebianMeeting and
    DebCamp(see the details below). And I found it would be much easier
    if I become a DD myself rather than invite DDs oversea to participate
    in our local event all the time.
    Local Debian events such as
	* Yearly Debian Birthdays Party since 2003, you can see picture
          of our debian cake on http://gallery.debian.org.tw/
	* Yearly DebCamp in Taiwan since 2006
          http://www.debian.org/events/2007/1228-taiwandebcamp
	* Monthly Taiwan Debian Meeting since May 2008
          http://wiki.debian.org/TaiwanDebianMeeting

Improve and maintain LXDE in Debian:
    LXDE is started by some young Taiwanese developers, and now it
    become an international project. I would love to co-work with them
    to improve LXDE support in Debian.

Talk to hardware vendors to open their hardwares spec:
    Famous hardware vendors such as Acer, ASUS, FIC are all based in
    Taiwan. I have a lot chance to talk with them and hope to convine
    them join free software community.
    We had a community event call OpenTechSummit hosted at ASUS
    headquarter on April 2008, And I invited Martin Michlmayr to this
    event and talk with them.

About my personal
I like art and cultures as well. I enjoy the balancing of my work with
learning about indigenous culture particularly drumming as a proud
member of UnityDrum, organizing various cultural events to promote
Indigenous culture.