AM report for Mehdi Dogguy <mehdi@dogguy.org>

Report for new developer applicant Mehdi Dogguy <mehdi@dogguy.org>

1. Identification & Background
-------------------------------

Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
Receiving and checking key
gpg: requesting key 1C00C790 from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net
pub   1024D/1C00C790 2007-03-21
      Key fingerprint = 521B 0E56 C8AD 98A1 89B9  C568 86BC ABFF 1C00 C790
uid                  Mehdi Dogguy <dogguy@pps.jussieu.fr>
sig!         800969EF 2008-01-07  Samuel Mimram <samuel.mimram@ens-lyon.org>
sig!         E0BA04C1 2008-10-22  Ralf Treinen <treinen@debian.org>
sig!         1D389887 2008-12-12  Y Giridhar Appaji Nag <giridhar@appaji.net>
sig!3        1C00C790 2007-03-23  Mehdi Dogguy <dogguy@pps.jussieu.fr>
sig!3        1C00C790 2007-11-16  Mehdi Dogguy <dogguy@pps.jussieu.fr>
sig!         F2C423BC 2009-04-24  Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@upsilon.cc>
uid                  Mehdi Dogguy <mehdi@dogguy.org>
sig!         800969EF 2008-01-07  Samuel Mimram <samuel.mimram@ens-lyon.org>
sig!3        1C00C790 2007-03-21  Mehdi Dogguy <dogguy@pps.jussieu.fr>
uid                  Mehdi Dogguy <mehdid@gmail.com>
sig!         1D389887 2008-12-12  Y Giridhar Appaji Nag <giridhar@appaji.net>
sig!3        1C00C790 2007-03-22  Mehdi Dogguy <dogguy@pps.jussieu.fr>
sig!         F2C423BC 2009-04-24  Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@upsilon.cc>
uid                  Mehdi Dogguy <mehdi.dogguy@pps.jussieu.fr>
sig!         800969EF 2008-01-07  Samuel Mimram <samuel.mimram@ens-lyon.org>
sig!         E0BA04C1 2008-10-22  Ralf Treinen <treinen@debian.org>
sig!         1D389887 2008-12-12  Y Giridhar Appaji Nag <giridhar@appaji.net>
sig!3        1C00C790 2007-11-16  Mehdi Dogguy <dogguy@pps.jussieu.fr>
sig!3        1C00C790 2008-01-04  Mehdi Dogguy <dogguy@pps.jussieu.fr>
sig!         F2C423BC 2009-04-24  Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@upsilon.cc>
uid                  [jpeg image of size 6878]
sig!         800969EF 2008-01-07  Samuel Mimram <samuel.mimram@ens-lyon.org>
sig!         1D389887 2008-12-12  Y Giridhar Appaji Nag <giridhar@appaji.net>
sig!3        1C00C790 2008-01-04  Mehdi Dogguy <dogguy@pps.jussieu.fr>
sig!         F2C423BC 2009-04-24  Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@upsilon.cc>
sub   2048g/D69011BA 2007-03-21
sig!         1C00C790 2007-03-21  Mehdi Dogguy <dogguy@pps.jussieu.fr>

8 signatures not checked due to missing keys
Key is ok
Check for key expire stuff
Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

Applicant writes:

I am 25 years and living in Paris. I am French and Tunisian. I lived in
Tunis (Tunisia) for 19 years, until I got my Bachelor in mathematics. Then
I moved to Paris and started studying mathematics and computer science. I
am currently a PhD student in computer science, in Paris.

I've started using GNU/Linux during my last year in high-school in 2001,
on my own. Then, during my first years at university, I've started to use
it more regularly and banned Windows from my computers. I had the
opportunity to work on Debian and Fedora systems.

Samuel Mimram, which is one of my colleagues, encouraged me to join the
Debian OCaml Task Force. Within Debian OCaml Team, I started to fix some
bugs and maintain/create some packages [1].

Debian is a great project. I like very much its philosophy and how things
are organized. My contribution to Debian is at the moment focused on
packaging software. However, I'm open to contribute to other fields in the
Debian project and looking for funny things to do in Debian :)

[1] http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=dogguy@pps.jussieu.fr

2. Account Data
---------------

        Account: mehdi
        Forward-Email: mehdi@dogguy.org

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------

Mehdi has a good knowledge of Debian's philosophy and procedures
and answered all my questions about the social contract,
DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. Mehdi committed to uphold the SC and DFSG
in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills

Mehdi has a great understanding of the technical side of Debian.
He also answered my other questions regarding T&S without any problems
and provided patches for RC bugs.
His social skills are great and it is a pleasure to communicate with him.

I recommend to accept Mehdi as a Debian Developer.