AM report for Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre.ledru@inria.fr>

Report for new developer applicant Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre.ledru@inria.fr>

1. Identification & Background
-------------------------------

Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
Receiving and checking key
gpg: requesting key DD899610 from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net
pub   1024D/DD899610 2007-11-15
      Key fingerprint = DEE6 3CAA CE54 B9B2 7DDC  D34A 88E5 D733 DD89 9610
uid                  Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre.ledru@inria.fr>
sig!3        6E8169D2 2008-02-01  Raphael Hertzog <raphael@ouaza.com>
sig!3        DD899610 2007-11-20  Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre.ledru@inria.fr>
uid                  Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre@ledru.info>
sig!         144843F5 2008-02-07  Roland Mas <lolando@debian.org>
sig!3        DD899610 2007-11-15  Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre.ledru@inria.fr>
sub   2048g/9684DF05 2007-11-15
sig!         DD899610 2007-11-15  Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre.ledru@inria.fr>

9 signatures not checked due to missing keys
Key is ok
Check for key expire stuff
Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

Applicant writes:
-----------------

I am 28 years old. Living in Paris. I have a master of Science in
distributed computing.
I have been working for years as a web developer (as employee or
freelance) and administrator of hosting plateforms (only Debian server)
during my studies.
Since I completed them, I have been working in the field of computer
science applied to science. First on geologic software and now on Scilab
at the INRIA and now into a foundation called Digiteo.
At Scilab, I am in charge of many things like R&D projects, Linux/MacOSX
& Unix versions of the software and license aspect (I have been the
leader of the change of license of Scilab).

I started to use Debian in 2000. I started to be involve in the project
3 years ago. At first, maintaining Scilab with the (strong) help of
Torsten Werner. And then, month after month I have been maintaining more
and more packages (more than 20 now) and I started the Debian-science
team with Manuel Prinz.

2. Account Data
---------------

        Account: sylvestre
        Forward-Email: sylvestre.ledru@inria.fr

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------

Sylvestre has a very good knowledge of Debian's philosophy and procedures
and answered all my questions about the social contract, DFSG, BTS, etc.
in an great way. He has committed to uphold the SC and DFSG in his
Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills

Sylvestre has a great understanding of the technical side of Debian.
He also answered my other questions regarding T&S without any problems
and provided patches for RC bugs.
His social skills are great and it is a pleasure to communicate with
him.

I highly recommend to accept Sylvestre as a Debian Developer.