Re: make NM steps more healthy (Re: Why 0 new developer? (Re: NM Report for Week Ending 15 Mar 2009)

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 06:30:17 pm Hideki Yamane wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 19:53:04 -0400
> Stephen Birch <sgbirch@imsmail.org> wrote:
>
>  * we don't want to blame someone
>  * we don't want to be harmed or ignored by someone
>  * we know everyone has their own issues (on the job, with family, etc...)
>    but applicants want to get the reply as soon as possible from AM or so.
>
>  These are my understandings. Is it okay?
>
>  So... we should improve NM process in this time.
>
>  Sometimes AM does not give applicants a reply, I heard.
>  Yes, they are busy for their work. It's okay because sometimes I'm
>  on the same state ;)
>
>  Next, how should deal with this situation? blame them? NO.
>  One suggestion, tracking days of each Steps and would ask applicants
>  about what they feel, ask there is any problem for that by someone
>  if days are too long (2 weeks or so, I think).
>
>  Someone, his or her work is ONLY hearing from applicants and AMs,
>  and report the result to project to know how healthy NM steps are.
>
>  How about this?
>
>  If you like it, next step is we'll get someone who can do this work.
>

>  It's just an idea. But we should make NM steps better, I feel.
At the moment, the only problem I see is DAM being a bit behind. I am sure
they will pick up the work soon or ask for more people to become DAM members
to help them out. Joerg and Christoph, am I right? :)
What other problems do you see? We AMs are doing our work and depending on the
applicants, it takes some time to get through the process, but there are DDs
out there that care to make a difference and they do the (sometimes boring)
work of being an AM. Having said that, I welcome every discussion of making
it easier for qualified people to get through the NM process more quickly or
enhance the NM process to get qualified people into being DDs.

Cheers
Steffen