Re: Why 0 new developer? (Re: NM Report for Week Ending 15 Mar 2009)

Lucas Nussbaum dijo [Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 04:36:14PM +0100]:
> >  Why any people cannot become a new Debian Developer in these days?
> >  What is the bottleneck for that, or there is any reason?
> >  We needs more and more developers, I think.
> >
> >  # but I don't want to blame someone. Just want to know why and how to solve it.
>
> Check https://nm.debian.org/nmlist.php:
>
> 39 applicants are currently waiting for an application manager. To help
> those, new AMs need to be recruited amongst the DDs, or existing AMs
> need to take more applications.

Just as a side note here... I recently "gave" my NM to FrontDesk for
evaluation, so I am free to take one more NM. I am basically waiting
for the powers that be to assign one to me - but I understand the
system running it all might prefer to wait until FD says my AM process
was fine.

I know I won't respond in due time if I increase my number of
applicants. So, FD humans: Send another victim my way. Or tell me to
increase my threshold and later decrease it :)

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23