Re: Debian Membership

On Saturday 14 March 2009, Micah Anderson wrote:
> All of this is just fun wingnut ramblings, but I think serves to
> illustrate that the artificial barrier imposed by the arduous NM
> process is not that significant of a difficulty for getting inside
> Debian and we cannot use this as mechanism for making Debian "secure".

Against a seriously determined and well-funded black hat? No, of course
not. I totally agree with that.

But at the same time I do feel it is an effective barrier against the
thousands of "wouldn't it be fun if" black hat wannabes and even against
black hats who work without the benefit of a supporting organization.