Re: DM Application for Thorvald Natvig

On Friday 13 March 2009 07:42:09 Thorvald Natvig wrote:
> This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer.
>
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
>
> Currently, I co-maintain the package mumble.

As a current Debian Developer I advocate Thorvald Natvig as a Debian
Maintainer candidate as I am familiar with the candidate's existing work in
Debian and believe it to be of a suitable standard both technically and
socially.

Thorvalds work with Debian is clearly evident from his commits on alioth in
the Debian pkg-voip team maintenance of mumble as well as his upstream work on
mumble.

Debian GNU/Linux   http://www.ohloh.net/p/debian/contributors/18320183065939
slicer-guest
 This developer has been contributing to this project since May 2008, with a
total of 6 person-months of code development. He or she made a total of 26
commits and the main programming language used was Make .

Mumble   http://www.ohloh.net/p/7067/contributors/30354681404544
slicer
 This developer has been contributing to this project since August 2005, with
a total of 30 person-months of code development. He or she made a total of
1075 commits and the main programming language used was C/C++ .

Mark