Re: DM application for K??stutis Bili??nas

Hi Aníbal,

Op Mon 23 Feb 2009 om 06:19:55 +1100 schreef Aníbal Monsalve Salazar:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 09:05:09AM +0100, Joost van Baal wrote:
> >[-- PGP output follows (current time: Mon 23 Feb 2009 18:14:44 EST) --]
> >gpg: Signature made Thu 19 Feb 2009 19:05:09 EST using RSA key ID C0BC6980
> >I hereby advocate K??stutis' application to become a Debian Maintainer.
>
> Your advocacy was signed with key C0BC6980 which I couldn't find in
> debian-keyring.gpg.
>
> Please resend your advocacy signed with key 969457F0 or subkey 5550DC85.
>
> gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring /usr/share/keyrings/debian-keyring.gpg --fingerprint 969457F0
> pub   1024D/969457F0 2000-01-28 [expires: 2035-01-22]
>       Key fingerprint = 8FC6 A40E 31B8 7E0E 2270  D7A9 0606 9CF2 9694 57F0
> uid                  Joost van Baal <joostvb@mdcc.cx>
> uid                  Joost van Baal <joostvb@xs4all.nl>
> uid                  Joost van Baal <joostvb@debian.org>
> uid                  Joost van Baal <joostvb@logreport.org>
> sub   2048g/5550DC85 2000-01-28 [expires: 2035-05-01]

(Hrm, I really should update my key in the Debian keyring...)

Here it is, signed with the registered key.

Bye,

Joost

--- Begin Message ---
Hi,

Op Sat 14 Feb 2009 om 03:30:01 +0100 schreef Christian Perrier:
> Quoting Kęstutis Biliūnas (kebil@kaunas.init.lt):
>
> > I am CC-ing my sponsors, so they can advocate on this my application.
> > In this case, I behave very discourteous, because I have not asked them
> > about the advocating in advance. If any one of them will against, I will
> > refuse to become a a Debian Maintainer. Sorry for such a pressure.
> >
> > I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your
> > attention.
>

> It's quite a long time since I work with Kęstutis. He is very active
> in Lithuanian localization but also maintaining packages.
>
> He maintained fontforge for quite a long time and is indeed still
> maintaining it in some way (the package is team-maintained as Kęstutis
> wanted to step out a little for this package).
>
> After the first few uploads, most of fontforge releases I uploaded had
> no problem at all and, with the very few problems encountered,
> Kęstutis has always been very responsive and reactive, also showing a
> good knowledge of the technical skills needed to properly maintain
> Debian packages.
>
> In the case of that package, I would blindly trust him to not break
> things and would for instance be very happy to upload a version of
> that package which would set him as Maintainer (even though this is
> probably not the first package he would want to become a maintainer
> for).

My experiences while cooperating with Kęstutis are similar to Christian's ones.
I've helped Kęstutis working on the freedict packages, and did sponsored
uploads of opendict and opendict-lingvosoft.  Kęstutis has the needed skills,
is cooperative and responsive.  He has done good work for Debian.  I am
absolutely confident that Kęstutis being a Debian Maintainer will be good for
Debian and Free Software.

BTW, Kęstutis is still in the NM-queue, see
https://nm.debian.org/nmstatus.php?email=kebil%40kaunas.init.lt .

I hereby advocate Kęstutis' application to become a Debian Maintainer.

Bye,

Joost

--
irc:joostvb@{OFTC,freenode} ∙ http://mdcc.cx/http://ad1810.com/