Re: Debian Maintainer conditionals

On Tue, 2008-07-08 at 10:19 +0200, Jan Hauke Rahm wrote:
> A sponsor has to do that. No DM is allowed to introduce new binary
> packages, even if that's just because of a name change. This is what is
> meant by "package is not NEW".

It depends on the definition of "package" etc. If I added a new binary
package, for example, to split off part of a package, then only that new
package is NEW, however, the package as a whole gets held in the NEW
queue.

I think, at a minimum, I'd like to see the wording changed to something
that states that it counts for any package that needs to go through NEW
rather than for wholly new packages