Re: Debian Maintainer Application for Jose Luis Tallon

On Tuesday 17 June 2008, Aníbal Monsalve Salazar wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 09:15:35PM +0000, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> >On 2008-06-16, Roberto Lumbreras <rover@debian.org> wrote:
> >>[...]
>
> Please sign your message.
Okay.

I wrote the following earlier in a unsigned message - sending it again in a
signed version. Please keep replies with original message.

---start---
On 2008-06-16, Roberto Lumbreras <rover@debian.org> wrote:
> I am the person who first advocated Jose Luis Tallon. I did that because I
> know him and I have worked with him. I have been the uploader of its first
> packages (more than two years ago) when he was learning how to make debian
> packaging, and well, the packages were not perfect, but he did the
> packaging and maintaining pretty well of very complex things like source
> packages with more than 10 binaries, library packages, compiling things two
> and three times to link with different libraries and generate different
> packages...
>
> I mean, he faced the packaging of very complex things when other people
> would choose small and easy things, and he did it pretty well.

I didn't plan in the beginning to write something in this thread, as
most of what I think has been addressed by Steve Langasek, but the above
paragraphs needs a reply.

I think the above parts are referring to bacula, a source package that
jltallon maintained in the past. If anyone needs to get their memories
refreshed, they can start here:

But if his bacula adventure is worth using as advocating him, it is also
worth using for disadvocatind him.

> I think
> he will be a very good Debian Maintainer if we give him the chance.

Basically, he needs to show that he is a good maintainer before he gets
unattended upload access, not the other way around.

I have occasionally been looking over some of his packages, as I care a
bit for most stuff matching k* (except "kernel*" and "kino") and I would
not yet trust him uploading stuff himself.

/Sune
---end---

/Sune
--
How to mount the system?

You neither should ever load the case, nor must remove the terminale.