Re: Debian Maintainer Application for Jose Luis Tallon

Ana Guerrero wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 12:00:52AM +0200, José Luis Tallón wrote:
>
>> ... because I cannot upload updated versions frequently enough, due to a
>> lack of sponsors.
>>

> I have tried of sponsor you... after 3 mails asking you fix issues in the
> package, you keep sending me back the package with the same problems and very
> poor explanations of why you thought you were right not fixing those problems.
> Since you ended handing me over the package without making noise (meaning no
> bacula2), I decided kept myself out from this thread... but I am afraid
> I could not.

You should have.
> The reason why you do not find sponsors is that your packages are not good
> and after trying of sponsoring you, people get bored. Basically, somebody who
> have the patience of sponsor you once, avoids sponsor you again.
Please do not fabricate stuff: My e-mail logs with you says otherwise.
Mails dated 2007-01-09 to 2007-01-31, to be precise. Anybody interested
please ask for it (spanish mostly, sorry)
Regarding #395900: you never received my e-mail until I sent it again.
We were discussing some technical issues (convenience of relibtoolizing
and including that as a patch vs. repackaging upstream after relibtoolize)
You suggested that the package be moved to kde-extras. I didn't like it,
but agreed to have the KDE maintainers take care of it.

And, most of my sponsors have indeed sponsored me several times. Please,
do not generalize from your own (supposed) experience.

   J.L.