Re: Debian Maintainer Application for Jose Luis Tallon

Sune Vuorela wrote:
> Basically, he needs to show that he is a good maintainer before he gets
> unattended upload access, not the other way around.
>
> I have occasionally been looking over some of his packages, as I care a
> bit for most stuff matching k* (except "kernel*" and "kino") and I would
> not yet trust him uploading stuff himself.

You do not need to trust me explicitly, just like I don't trust you
explicitly.

It is enough that other debian developers do trust me. They have made
themselves responsible for my uploads several times in the past. I still
have to be the cause for any significant problem (i.e. really serious bug)

Moreover, I do have responded quickly on the very few occasions when one
of my packages had any security problems, and I tried and helped the
security and release teams in as much as I could.

    J.L.