Re: DM application

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 02:43:36PM -0430, Jose Luis Rivas Contreras wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to apply to be a Debian Maintainer. David Moreno Garza and
> José Miguel Parrella have offered to advocate me.

I do not think Jose Luis is ready to DM yet. Damog speaks about his work on
xscreensaver and libtorrent/rtorrent:

About xscreensaver, as kdeartwork maintainer, I am not very happy in the way
he has worked some issues with the package, specially here the part of
coordination with another maintainers/team in Debian that are affected by
changes in major released of xscreensavers. For the record, Jose Luis
co-maintains this package, so maybe the person to blame here is his
co-maintainer I do not know.
And yes, as dato pointed, we will have to work in kdeartwork to be more robust
against changes in this package.

About rtorrent: there is an unaswered RC bug since more than a week ago, with
patch included.(#474852)

About libtorrent: a bug about the gcc 4.3 transition has been in the BTS for
almost a year, and it was finally fixed in a NMU, even if there was several
uploads since the bug was reported. (#420920)

Jose Luis maintains some perl stuff, so maybe somebody from the Debian Perl
group can give a better point of view.

Ana