Re: Request for a new AM

Vincent Bernat wrote:
> My current AM, Riku, is too busy to handle my NM process. I would like
> to request a new AM.
>  https://nm.debian.org/nmstatus.php?email=bernat%40luffy.cx

Vincent,

Hi there Vincent, just a word from a friend.  Are you really sure your
AM is too busy, have you talked to him about it?  An AM being slow to
respond is common and understandable.  I see he was only assigned in
November, sorry to break this to you but that isn't a long time in this
world.

Don't forget that Debian is a voluntary organization populated by a
group of very talented people, always in high demand.  Their time is
scarce so NM processing sometimes appears neglected as they struggle to
balance the demands for their time.

My advice is to be very patent as you travel this long challenging
journey.  Even though NM may be incredibly frustrating, never let your
packages suffer.  Keep them well maintained at all times.

In a way the NM process is a microcosm of debian itself.  It will finish
when it is ready :-)

Good luck,

Keep smiling,

Steve