Re: Debian Maintainer status for Kai Hendry

On Monday 21 January 2008 09:20, Fabio Tranchitella wrote:
> With this e-mail I'm requesting the status of Debian Maintainer for Kai
> Hendry (hendry@iki.fi). He is maintaining four packages in the archive
> (wordpress, maradns, webpy and flup and I'm his usual sponsor.

I am not in favour of this.

The security team moved to keep wordpress out of etch because it's very
security prone. Kai insisted on it being included nonetheless, but there has
been very little action from his side to get it fixed. There are currently 14
open security issues, and note, that is because I already spent several hours
last week to weed out things that do not apply to etch:
http://security-tracker.debian.net/tracker/source-package/wordpress

The last known action from Kai has been to request the upload of a new
upstream release as a DSA, which is quite naive if I may say so. I hope that
every maintainer is aware that uploading new upstreams is not opportune for
stable-security.

I would very much appreciate it if Kai would start to make an effort to
resolve the huge security backlog on his package - that could make of a good
example that he is capable of maintaining it more than just uploading the
latest upstream release.

Besides, Kai has been in the DAM queue for very long, and this needs to be
resolved either way: the apparent concern that the DAM has over Kai should be
resolved or should lead to a reject, not to a DM-workaround.

Thijs