Re: Debian Maintainer application

On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 08:25:05PM -0600, Raphael Geissert wrote:

> At the moment I've tried to fix it by applying the attached patch and it
> works just fine with dpkg-buildpackage, but when building on a clean and
> updated sid chroot with pbuilder it doesn't build.

There's rather more to it than that - I had to fix that before I was
able to get as far as seeing the dependency cycle added (see my comment
about "the actual problem" in the bug report).  My impression when
looking at it was that the best fix would be (as the comment at the head
of the function suggests) a rewrite rather than band aids.