Re: Advocation of Vagrant as Debian Maintainer

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 05:55:58PM +1100, Aníbal Monsalve Salazar wrote:

> >AOL, by all means.
> An AOL is not a good advocay.

It didn't mean to be one.  This one is :)

I cannot speak for his packages as I haven't been sponsoring them, but I
can speak for his competence.

Since I've met Vagrant at Debconf 4 in Brasil, I've been considering him
as one of those who bring innovation into the project.

In particular, I am a fan of his simple-cdd, which is one of the
quickest, easiest and most elegant ways to build Custom Debian
distributions.

simple-cdd alone shows that Vagrant has an excellent understanding of
various nontrivial Debian technologies: d-i, Debian mirrors, debconf and
CD creation scripts.

</advocacy>

By the way, is anyone interested in starting a project to maintain
simple-cdd configuration files to create localised versions of
installation CDs?  I'm thinking at least about preseeding for language,
timezone and (possibly) keyboard, and slightly different default package
selections.

Ciao,

Enrico