Re: Debian Maintainer application

On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 11:16:36PM -0600, Raphael Geissert wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I would like to apply to be a Debian Maintainer.

I advocate Raphael Geissert's Debian Maintainer application.

>I have read, understood and agreed to uphold the Social Contract, Debian
>Free Software Guidelines and the Debian Machine Usage Policy.
>
>I currently maintain a few packages[1] one of them being php-timezonedb
>which regularly needs to be updated.

I have sponsored some of his packages and have found him very
interested in preparing good packages with constant attention to
detail.

A few weeks ago, his persistence to fix bugs of kcheckgmail (he's
upstream author) made him remind me several time to review this
package, very politely.

>My main sponsors hare Aníbal Monsalve Salazar and David Moreno Garza. Other
>people who have uploaded some of my packages include Sean Finney, Romain
>Beauxis plus some others whom have sponsored some of my QA uploads.

As also noted by Lucas Nussbaum [2], he has done a very good job
fixing bugs of orphaned packages. Lucas mentioned his recent
handling of the mass bug filing of broken watch files [3][4],
which was very well done, IMO.

[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint/2008/01/msg00035.html
[3] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=dehs-no-upstream;users=atomo64@gmail.com
[4] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2007/11/msg00076.html