Re: Debian Maintainer application

Hello,

Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 05:16:36AM +0000, Raphael Geissert wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to apply to be a Debian Maintainer.
>
>   What happened to your 8 ITP bugs ? Most are open for more than 6
> months, with 0 activity on them.

I wouldn't say they have zero activity because:

php-qt: license problems (as usually, the PHP and GPL license conflict),
upstream is already aware and I'm waiting to see what they propose. The
main problem is that php-qt links to Qt4 which is GPL and would also
conflict with PHP's license even if php-qt adds an exception to its
license.

php-amfext: it is released under the PHP license which is rejected by
ftp-master for things that aren't PHP itself. I contacted upstream many
months ago and he said I could continue packaging but he never made a
release with a license change. I pinged him more than one month ago and
haven't received a reply.

libphp-amf: there's a mix of GPL and PHP code which prevents one of the main
parts of the application to be shipped. I'm currently waiting for version
2.0 to be released.

kio-locate: I've even been added to the pkg-kde alioth project so I could
co-maintain it with the KDE Extras Team. In order to build the package it
requires scons, but there's currently a bug which prevents the built
program from being 'installed' (see #459685)

zend-framework: there are some files which are released under a different
license (everything reported at upstream's issues tracker[1][2][...]).

php-htscanner: by some reason I haven't been able to use the extension's
functionality in newer releases of PHP5 so until I find something useful I
won't try to upload a package which no longer works.

kblogger: there's a RPATH being defined an, at least, amd64 (although i386
is not affected), and there are some time stamping issues when posting with
blogger's API. I'm waiting for version 0.7 to be released.

kcometen3: it also has some RPATH issues which I've tried to fix by updating
some of the autotools files but result in build problems. I prefer to fix
it 'the right way' instead of using chrpath or similar tools.

> Have you made progress ? How come
> #455290 is pending for a month (and it's a potential RC bug once gcc 4.3
> becomes default) ?

I'll send it to damog as soon as I find him online.

[1] http://framework.zend.com/issues/browse/ZF-507
[2] http://framework.zend.com/issues/browse/ZF-253

Cheers,
- --
Atomo64 - Raphael

Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.