AM report for Tobias Grimm <tg@e-tobi.net>

Report for new developer applicant Tobias Grimm <tg@e-tobi.net>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------
   Check with keyid 0xAEDAA642:
   ID check passed, key signed by 1 existing developer.

   Output from keycheck.sh:
gpg: requesting key AEDAA642 from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net
pub   1024D/AEDAA642 2008-03-03
      Key fingerprint = 26C0 976C 594B E3C7 A5A3  92DD F718 0D26 AEDA A642
uid                  Tobias Grimm <tobias.grimm@e-tobi.net>
sig!         0A327652 2008-03-05  Thomas Schmidt <tschmidt@debian.org>
sig!3        AEDAA642 2008-03-03  Tobias Grimm <tobias.grimm@e-tobi.net>
uid                  Tobias Grimm <tg@e-tobi.net>
uid                  Tobias Grimm <vdr@e-tobi.net>
uid                  Tobias Grimm <debian@e-tobi.net>
uid                  Tobias Grimm <tobias@e-tobi.net>
sig!         0A327652 2008-03-05  Thomas Schmidt <tschmidt@debian.org>
sig!3        AEDAA642 2008-03-03  Tobias Grimm <tobias.grimm@e-tobi.net>
sub   2048g/5979DD9D 2008-03-03
sig!         AEDAA642 2008-03-03  Tobias Grimm <tobias.grimm@e-tobi.net>

49 signatures not checked due to missing keys
Key is ok
Check for key expire stuff
Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes:
I'm 34 years old and live in Zella-Mehlis, Germany. After my professional
training as a electronics technician, I studied at the University of Applied
Sciences Schmalkalden to become a graduate engineer in computer science in 2002.

Currently I'm working in the area of software development for a small software
company. My main tool set at work is Visual Studio and C# on Windows, while at
home even my TV runs Linux. I have experience with several programming languages
from C and C++ over Java and Pascal to Ruby and C# as well as with methodologies
like agile software development, test driven development and domain driven design.

My experience with computers started way back in the late 80's with what was
available these days (a KC85). My first own computer was a C64 and after that
came the Intel 286 running DOS and later on I switched to OS/2. This was in the
days, when the Internet wasn't available to everyone yet, so I was very active
in the FidoNet. It was also the time, when I had a first contact with Linux. But
the Slackware Linux at this time wasn't that much interesting. Later on, I
started to use the FLI4L Linux router distribution and was the first time really
impressed, what Linux has to offer. I then played around with various
distributions and somehow sticked with Debian (Woody at this time).

In 2003 I stumbled across the Linux Video Disc Recorder (VDR) which came with
the Debian based c't VDR distribution published by the German computer magazine
c't. There was a lot of software missing in the c't VDR distribution, so I
started to package plug-ins for VDR and made these packages available on my
homepage. The resonance was quite good, so I packaged more and more plug-ins and
add-ons for VDR and became involved with the c't VDR project.

Soon I got in contact with Thomas Schmidt who took over the development of the
VDR packages for Debian and started the Debian VDR packaging project on Alioth.
We started to work together and merge what we had independently developed
before. Today we are mainly three devlopers in the Debian VDR packaging project
(with Thomas Schmidt beeing the only official Debian Developer) and are
co-maintaining a lot more than 100 packages related to VDR (Most of them haven't
been uploaded to Debian yet).

I maintain my own Debian VDR repository with packages for Sarge, Etch and Sid at
e-tobi.net, providing the latest versions and some features which wouldn't be
possible in an official Debian repository.

The main reason for me, to apply for becoming an official Debian Developer, is
to continue working on the VDR packages and uploading new packages. Currently
Thomas Schmidt is the only Debian Developer on the Debian VDR packaging project.

My future plans are to get more involved in other areas of Debian. I have plans
to package certain Open Source .NET packages for Mono.

2. Account Data
   Account: etobi
   Forward-Email: debian@e-tobi.net

3. Philosophy and Procedures
   Tobias has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
   and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. Tobias committed to uphold the SC and DFSG
   in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.